Monday, May 03, 2010

Sleeping

It's late, too late, and I just don't want to sleep. But in the day, I am so tired and all I want to do is stay home and sleep all day.

I know I should sleep, and yet I don't want to. I just want to stay up all night doing things that don't really matter, or connecting with people on Facebook (or blogging).

In the day, when I could easily email, call or text others, I just want to hide in my melancholy. I want to wallow.

I am realizing that even though I can rarely drum up the initiative to reach out and contact others, when I do, it's immensely rewarding and so very worth it.

So maybe I should try sleeping at night and talking to people in the day. I think that would be healthy. But not very vampiric*.


*I love that that is really a word and that my spellcheck doesn't blink at "vampiric," but it gets angry at "Facebook." Some programmer has their priorities straight.

No comments: