Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Birthday Update

It's my birthday and I'll do what I want to, DOOO what I want to... you would do too... OK, that's enough.

So, what did I do? Not a lot, but that was fine with me. My lovely, darling brother called me at 8:30 this morning, thinking I was 2 hours ahead, not just one, which is an understandable mistake, except that he READS THIS BLOG and therefore knew that sleeping in was on my list. Sigh. Well, 8:30 will definitely be sleeping in, hard-core, after next week. Le boo.

I also went shopping at JoAnn's for crafty supplies (fun!), then came home and worked on the pink and orange quilt and quickly remembered why I had made so little progress before. Cutting takes FOREVER! I'm trying to be very precise and good so that this quilt might have a hope of turning out a little more even than all of my past endeavors, but I still manage to get the cuts just a little bit off. But I did get one more fabric all cut.

While I cut, I watched The Princess Bride and listened to the (500) Days of Summer soundtrack at least three times through (not while watching the movie, though).

Jasper and I took two medium-length walks, and explored some neat area right by our condo. He was also mistaken for a puppy ("He can't be more than one yet"). Since this is not the first time, I do wonder how old he really is.

I got a great haircut by a new stylist, and I keep swinging it around and feeling generally sexy. Always a good sign.

We had dinner at home, but I didn't have to cook and we went out for ice cream after, and I even got a special birthday scoop! I was tempted to get the Birthday Cake ice cream, just because, but I don't really like birthday cake, even in cake form.

All in all, a very nice birthday!

No comments: