Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The Void

I have nothing to do while I'm on break from school, so I watch movies, play on the computer and read books (I've read 5 of the 7 Narnia books in as many days). The horrile thing is, I really don't want to go back to school.

I know I'll enjoy it when I get back (at least, I hope I will!), but I'm so enjoying the luxury of being bored. I've always liked doing nothing the best of all, but unfortunately, I'm an "adult" now and you simply can't make a living at that.

It's not even so much that I like doing nothing and being bored, though. It's really that I enjoy being able to choose what I do with my time and not having any obligations or deadlines to meet. I know even that is an impossible job description, but I think I might have more flexibility as a professor in what I do with my time and the scheduling of it, but I don't know if I'll be self-motivated enough to complete what I need to. I'm such a contradiction in terms!

No comments: