Sunday, February 24, 2008

Oscar Opinions

Maybe for the first time in a very long time (ever?), everyone I really wanted to win did. There were a couple categories where I would have been happy with pretty much anyone (Best Actor, Best Supporting Actress), mainly because I hadn't seen any of those movies yet. Bet the ones I loved and was rooting for all won. No Country did wonderfully, Diablo Cody got her screenwriting award, and Once won for best song. When your song from a movie (a musical no less!) makes it onto the KBCO Studio C CD, you know you have a winner of a song. And Marion Cotillard deserves the best actress award. She had the most incredible transformations in the movie, and the most astonishing thing is that it never felt like "Oh look at me, now I'm acting very old. Isn't it great that I can act old too?" Honestly, they did the older scenes first and when they showed the her as a young woman, I could hardly believe it was the same actress. And the makeup totally deserved to win for that movie for making her look so believably old that they did closeups and you could never tell. Bravos all around.

In sum, Jon Stewart is awesome, I love movies, and the montage of best picture award winners gives me a lot of ammo for my Netflix queue. What did you think?

1 comment:

عربي-أمريكي said...

I didn't watch it but my sister was all excited about it.