Sunday, February 04, 2007

Comps, comps, ooh la la!

We had our first study session for comps today (like the ultimate final exam, the little test you need to pass to get your MA). Only 6 short weeks (or so) to study! One of the additional stressors this semester, and not a tiny one. Luckily, today made me feel a lot better about the topic we were going over, though I think that is my strongest area anyway. It's kind of funny to look back over what I've learned in the past year and a half or so and realize how far I've come. I thought I knew and understood linguistics when I came, the product of the vast experience I had gained getting my minor in linguistics from 3 classes, but I know realize I had only the shallowest and narrowest understanding of the field. Even now, there's so much I don't understand, or even know about, but I know a lot more, and even better, I realize how much I really don't know.

No comments: