Sunday, August 20, 2006

Seasons

Summer is my favorite season. My birthday is in August, so of course I love it, and now our wedding anniversary is as well, so it's even more special. Even without these highlights, I think I would still love the warm weather, the lazy, relaxed feeling and the long days that slowly melt into night with the luxurious and magical summer dusk.

Of course, it can't last forever and summer's end is looming. The school year begins on Monday (my classes begin Tuesday) and I am not ready. There are many things I'm looking forward to, including some of my classes and my new job, but I still have things I want to do while my days are still free.

Primarily, I love the freedom each summer day brings (when I'm a student, of course, and have summers off!). Each morning, the possibilities of the day lie open to me and I can choose if my hours will be spent doing laundry, taking a walk or sorting through photos. Such wonderful freedom! How will you spend your remaining summer days?

No comments: