Saturday, August 26, 2006

Owie

Tonight was the family housing annual picnic, and even though the weather was just as bad as last year (of all the lovely, sunny summer days, why must it rain for the picnic?), I think the party was more rockin' than last year, thanks in part to the great DJ.

There were a couple people playing volleyball as well, so after we ate, we joined them. Even the drizzling rain didn't stop us from our intense game and our numbers soon swelled from two teams of two adults and a kid to six adults on each side.

Sadly, I hit a ball badly on my hand and now my thumb is very sore. If it still hurts this badly on Monday, I'll go see the physical therapist person. So we had to leave early because I didn't want to keep playing and risk further injury (it also felt numb at the time, but that might have just been shock). I hope I get better soon, or else maybe I'll be able to claim it as an injury requiring exemption from homework?? Probably not, but it's a nice thought.

No comments: