Saturday, September 02, 2006

It's, like, wow!

This is the stunningly expressive title of a song on the Shrek soundtrack and I'm using it here for no other reason that it's been stuck in my head since we talked about the "like" phenomenom in one of my classes last week.

How are my classes, you ask? Faboo, really. I think I shall enjoy all of them greatly. That is, if I can keep up with the reading.

I like to read more than your average bear, but when offered a rainy, cool afternoon like the one provided today, I am unfortunately much more likely to choose to take a nap than read any of the 200 pages or so that I have to read by Tuesday. I'm really a little concerned about how Peter and I are going to physically be able to do all the reading we both have for our classes and still find time to speak to one another. Tuesdays are already bad with our class schedules, how are we supposed to get homework done as well!

I fear what will have to happen is the total erasure of our free time, especially on the weekends. I used to be able to take a day off and not do any homework or studying that day and focus on cleaning, email or fun stuff, but I don't think I'll be able to tackle all of it if I don't do a little a day, every single day.

So if you don't hear from me in the next four months or so, it's probably because I'm trying to finish a technical book or two a week, doing research, going to class, and trying to keep the apartment from imploding, all at once! Cheers!

No comments: