Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Cancer Sucks Part 1,095,985

One of my very favorite relatives (she's a cousin, but more like an aunt) was diagnosed with melanoma some time ago, and had the melanoma removed, with apparent success. But since cancer sucks, it came back and is now back with a vengeance. I don't want to write the details, but I do know that she's having chemo and things aren't looking too hot. If you pray or feel like sending out good vibes into the universe, they would be greatly appreciated. She's truly one of the most amazing people I've known in my life, raising 4 children as a single parent after her mentally ill husband left her, running a nursing home and giving wonderful care to hundreds, if not thousands of people in the last stages of their lives, and always being there for our family in multiple ways. She's put out so much good in her life that she deserves some good back. Cancer sucks. It's never fair.

No comments: