Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Things just may work out

I've gotten my work schedule for this semester, classes are pretty set (one is still up in the air) and I think I may just survive this thing. I've only had one class so far, so a lot will depend on the workload of the unknown classes, but so far so good. If I don't have as much reading as I did last semester, things could go well. My ASL class (the one class I've had so far) looks like it will be a lot of fun and it will be great to sign almost every day again. Luckily, the emphasis of this class is on expression and production, and unlike many of the other students, I've already had some experience with that. Even though I already have a paper and a presentation due next week, compared to the assignments I've had for my MA classes, this one should be a lot more fun and less stressful.

Even the job I was afraid I might have to quit looks do-able now. We've worked out a schedule that should work really well, and having the extra money will be nice too. Of course, I haven't started working at the Writing Center yet, since they don't open until the second week of school, so I may seriously be changing my tune shortly. Stay tuned.

My brother's in town, so we're going to try to go to our favorite restaurant in town here for happy hour tapas. I'm very excited because we only go out to eat if we have company in town, even if The Med does have my favorite kind of pizza for only 3.50 per entire pizza. And it's so good too. But yeah, homecooked food is so much cheaper, why waste money on restaurants, even if they are really tasty? And we can control the healthy-factor of food we make ourselves better too.

Speaking of which, Peter and I are doing the Discovery Channel Health Challenge with his parents. It's pretty cool if you haven't heard about it. They have a great website (I'll update this blog with a link when I get home) that allows you to track your weight, exercise, provides meal plans and allows you to join "teams."So far, I've lost several pounds and have been working out a lot more than usual (though still not enough), which is my goal. I'm not all about New Year's resolutions, as such, but I do like trying to improve myself in various ways, and getting healthier has been a big one lately. Let me know if you decide to join the health challenge and here's to good health for all!

No comments: