Friday, January 19, 2007

Today's Random Thoughts

I had a blog post about me making an edible multi-course that included steak ALL WITHOUT A RECIPE, which was truly groundbreaking, but I hadn't saved it when Peter closed the browser window. Hazards of sharing a computer.

My classes are going well, but it is a bit of a transition to go back to undergrad classes. A girl in my ASL class flipped when she found out I was married and 25. I forget they are babies and in a very different stage of their lives. On the plus side, I have about 1/100th the reading of last semester (granted, I don't have my textbooks yet), so my brain is happier for the moment.

I am applying to the MA program in Speech Pathology here. Didn't I just do this? Two years is not a very long time to recover from grad school apps. It's not fair.

We watched GoodFellas and Sleepers from Netflix this week. Both were excellent. My brother is apparently big into the "illegal movie blogs" and we watched the first five minutes of a horrible tape of Happy Feet. None of us could stand the ridiculousness so we all agreed to turn it off. I've heard such good things, I can only hope it gets 1000% times better after the first 5 minutes ripped straight from a dumb version of March of the Penguins. Stheriously. Plus, I really realized that I would rather pay $18 a month for Netflix to get movies I can actually see *clearly* than free bootleg interwebs versions.

I spend too much time reading blogs. Google is wonderful (I just discovered Calendar), but their Google Reader RSS feed is getting to be too much. I need to unsubscribe from the really prolific blogs. I just can't keep up.

OK , I better finish this bad boy up before Peter comes along and closes my window. See you all soon!

No comments: