Friday, June 01, 2007

Being a Housewife

My first week of mostly not working while Peter goes to class and tutors is done. What have I accomplished? What have I learned? Well, mostly that the dishes are never fully done because more always come, catching up on months of housework is very time consuming and even when I'm busy the whole day, I never seem to get everything I want to do done. On the good side, I *am* getting things done, just not as quickly as I would like. Dishes are getting done, the laundry is down to one small basket, I've put in a fair number of hours at work (not really housewife-y, but it's still less than part time) and I've started some projects I've been thinking about all school year. I've also read several books that weren't required for anything or even slightly educational!

Peter will be finished with his summer school class by Monday, and then I really want to do some hiking, camping and short road trips with him. Plus, he'll be a house-husband, so maybe we can get our apartment into shape that much quicker!

No comments: