Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Fun New Toy

As you may or may not know, we are finally honeymooning this summer, in Alaska, and as you may or may not know, Alaska is said to be a photographer's dream. Since I dream of being a photographer, I'm quite excited about Alaska. Only trouble is, gee whiz, I'm dreamin'... oh, sorry!
Got distracted by the oldies radio station in my head. So as I was saying, I know I'm going to take a LOT of photos, but we aren't bringing a computer with us, so I need a way to dump photos (I'm NOT buying a jillion SD cards I won't need again).

Enter this little beaut:

Baroo? Here, does this help?

Yes, my friends, that is a magical little converter doohickie that makes it possible to upload pictures FROM THE CAMERA TO THE IPOD. Wow. We got it this morning at our friendly local Apple store, I took a few seventy pictures of flowers today:

Peer Into the Heart


came home, hooked up the hookups and voila! Teeny versions of my photos were floating through cords like magic. The I plugged in the iPod (whose batteries were quickly depleted; a wall charger will the the next purchase) to the computer, and loaded them into iPhoto! Easy peasy! Now we just have to see if it will work with movies I take on the camera. If not, at least the pictures work!

No comments: