Sunday, October 21, 2007

Thoughts on a Sunday Night

Tomorrow the rush begins. What am I thinking in these last few moments of my own?

I love my husband very much. I feel like we really reconnected over the weekend, just by spending time together (and having that time to spend to begin with) and making each other a priority. He is wonderful and my everything.

I can't wait until I no longer have 12 hour days. The worst of it is that I don't feel like I get anything done in those long hours. I'm in class or at a job, which cuts out time for studying, homework, or those million little tasks that need to be done during business hours (or while I have energy). Only two more years...

Somehow, we got Disc 4 of Dexter before we got Disc 3. This made me unaccountably sad every time this weekend I thought about sitting down to watch it with my snuggly husband, only to realize that we couldn't because nothing would make sense. I can't wait to get Disc 3 on Tuesday.

I would very much like the Buffs to win their next home game. Yes, it was very exciting at the end, but it would been much more exciting to actually win. I love you Buffs, please don't let me down. I really want to be there for a victory.

The Internet is evil. Sure, I know a lot of random, useless shit now, like that the Amber Room was built in the 1700s by the King of Prussia, taken by Russia, then taken by the Nazis and has since disappeared, but is this important? More important than my upcoming midterm? I think not.

Speaking of the evil of the Internet:
I saw a funny spoof of "Glengarry Glen Ross" on YouTube today. Peter and I watched that movie a couple years ago and thought it really didn't live up to the hype (you think nothing happens in some movies? Nothing *really* happens here!). But after watching this spoof, we were both like, "Were all those actors really in that movie?" I think we were early in our Netflix career at that point, and so only recognized a few of them. I know I didn't know Alan Arkin then because I had not seen the wonderfulamazingwonderfulness that is Little Miss Sunshine then, so I was not in love with Grandpa. But now I am. Maybe we should rewatch Glengarry Glenn Ross? Watch the preview, and let me know what you think:

No comments: