Wednesday, October 31, 2007

What have I done?

I just signed up to be a part of NaBloPoMo, which means I am going to attempt to post every day for the month of November. I will try to find time to say something moderately meaningful, witty, or entertaining, but given my track record since beginning school again, you may get a lot of nubbins.

I am working on uploading the video of the belly dance show last night. The video is huger than YouTube will take, so I'm going to have to shrink it. However, my computer has a distorted sense of time, so "15 minutes remaining" really means it will keep going past my bedtime. We'll see if it gets done before I am.

In other news, today was a shitty day. It started when I had to get up 2 hours earlier than normal because Housing was doing mold work in our attics, but it really took a turn for the worse when I was eating my breakfast. I was raising my glass to my lips to take my first sip of milk when I saw a huge bug walking along the rim. VOM! These fake stinkbugs invade this time of year, but this was really just too much. I usually try to release the bugs (in case they stink. Go evolution.), but I had to squish this little fucker, along with his cousin I saw immediately after on the wall. I poured the milk into a different glass, but that didn't really help too much.

From there, the day only got better. Even though I did actually go take a nap in my car, I was tired all day, missing the anticipation a performance brings, got back a test I knew I didn't do well on (and had my fears confirmed), didn't pack enough food so I was hungry and tired, which any of those dear to me will recognize as huge red flags for crying. Which I did as I walked home in the cold. Oh well. I have so many days where I'm happy, that a few downer ones aren't so bad. At least we didn't give out candy to hoodlums (or anyone) this year!

See you again tomorrow! (and the day after, and the day after...)

No comments: