Saturday, July 29, 2006

Sunrise, Sunset

Peter's brother and sister-in-law are here, which is why I haven't posted anything because we've been too busy seeing the sights and whatnot, but I promise all that and more will be yours when I get a little more time to myself!

This morning, Peter had a run and so got up earlier than should be necessary on a summer Saturday. He woke me up to show me the beautiful sunrise with pink and red clouds and I went back to sleep trying to remember the phrasing of the sailor's saying I saw on a placemat at Friendly's in Massachusetts when I was ten. "Red sky at morning, sailor take warning; red sky at night, sailor's delight"? Sumpthin.

Let night, we also had an amazing sunset. It seems like those don't come too often, since the mountains rise menacingly close to us and the sun sets too far to the right to actually see it from our place (which is very, very confusing to anyone as directionally impaired as I am because the sun set on a diagonal to where the "straight" mountains are and I just cannot figure out where the heck West is).

Here are some of the many pictures I took of that gorgeous sunset:

And no, I didn't take any pictures of the sunrise this morning, but my sleep-addled brain did briefly consider running downstairs for the camera.

It's an addiction, I know.

No comments: