Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Almost

I almost forgot to post today. You see, I've had a rather longer day than expected. It started at 7:30, when Peter was going out the door ("late" start today, I really can't wait until I have to wake up at 5 AM too). I finished a paper due today, then was at the clinic by 9:45, observing a little guy for a project. It was pretty awesome; he's a really cool little dude and I feel like we really bonded. Finished by 12 PM, had lunch and talked about project stuff until one (when I really should have been transcribing that hour, oh well, a girl has to eat). Class from 1-4, observed a stuttering session 4-5, class from 5-8, then transcribed 8-9. Peter picked me up, we made a frozen pizza, during which, he informed me that we were volunteered to make dessert for the coach's dinner tomorrow night. Awesome. So we made a pineapple upside down cake (after he discovered we have way too many canned pineapples and happened to have pineapple cake mix).

The last straw came at 10:30, when I was ready to assemble the cake. And I could not find any brown sugar. I swear to God I used it not a few weeks ago and there was still at least some left, but it was nowhere to be found. We never need to buy powdered sugar or chocolate chips ever again, but no brown sugar. So off I went into the cold night to stupid Safeway. Which was also out of milk. The cake is now in the oven and I'm so tired I could cry. Thank goodness I wrote the paper I have to turn in tomorrow during class today. Thank goodness for laptops and pointless lectures.

No comments: