Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The end is near!

Of NaBloPoMo, at least. I will try to keep posting more regularly when all this is said and done, but frankly, days sort of blend together and without this pressure, I'll probably still only post once a week or less and think I'm posting every day.

We just finished The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou. Aside from realizing I am a huge Wes Anderson fan (not that I didn't already have my suspicions), the movie made me realize that a movie can be pretty much about anything (or nothing) as long as it's beautiful, has great cinematography, pretty colors, a good soundtrack and some quirky humor thrown in there. Seriously. That's pretty much all it takes fore me. That's why I tend to love certain movies, and why Little Miss Sunshine is probably my favorite movie of all time. It has all those qualities in spades.

A good color scheme helps. I loved The Life Aquatic's aqua and red combo, and Little Miss Sunshine had the gorgeous yellow thing going on. It really doesn't take much. So for Christmas, you can buy me any of the following DVDs:

Little Miss Sunshine (we bought this for my parents last year, and as a result, Peter keeps thinking we already own it)
Anything by Wes Anderson (The Life Aquatic seriously was the cutest physical DVD I've ever seen)
Lost in Translation
Other fun movies I would love but can't think of now.

No comments: